- Written by Abyss
- Hits: 415
- Written by Abyss
- Hits: 9486
This guide will teach you how to bypass EverQuest's truebox code for boxing on any Progression server, this will allow you to box as many characters as you like on a single computer.
Important Note: This guide is made/updated using VMWare Pro 12.1.1, locations, and menu layout may be different on other versions.
First Step - Setting up VMWare, and hiding that you are using a Virtual machine from EverQuest
1. Install VMware Pro (I use version 12.1.1, but you can also use the free version of VMWare - DOWNLOAD)
1a. Create a virtual machine (VM)
1b. Few tips; when creating a new VM, you just need to make it as barebones as possible. 2 gigs ram and about 35 gigs of HD space per virtual machine should do you just fine.
2. Install EverQuest on the Virtual Machine.
3. Make special note of the name you chose for your virtual machine, you're going to need it later.
4. Go to this file path: Documents > Virtual Machines > Name of your new virtual machine > VMware virtual machine configuration file. Open the file in notepad.
5. Insert this line of code monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
6. Save and exit out of the VMware configuration file.
7. Start up your virtual machine.
8. Start up EverQuest, you should no longer get a message that you are using a virtual machine.
At this point it will allow you to run only 1x Virtual machine in EverQuest, and your normal EverQuest client. So you can now two box.
How to Box more than 2 characters on one computer, and as many as you like
1. Create as many VMWares as you want (# of how many you want to box). Use the above steps on each VMware you create.
2. On Each VMWare you need to change your MAC Address. This is very important.
Go to VM Tab -> Settings
Click on Network Adapter -> Advanced
Click on Advanced Button
You should see a window like this:
You don't want to Generate a VM Mac address, while this will work. It can easily be detected that you are using a Virtual Machine.
Click here to Generate a 3rd Party Mac Address https://everquestbot.com/home/index.php/mac-address-generator
Simply generate a few times, the more the better. Then grab your generated Mac address, and enter it in the Network Advanced Settings window you should have up.
Then press OK. (You will need to do this on every VM you generate)
Reboot your Virtual Machine Entirely, and you should be good to go.
Bypassing Truebox Disconnects for Keypresses, and possibly more Virtual Machine Protection for your Characters
1. Install a VPN on each Virtual Machine, this will bypass the Disconnects you receive when you keypress too fast on multiple machines at once.
2. A nice free VPN with a nice free data cap would be https://protonvpn.com/download/ of course using a paid version would be faster, and better but this will get you going for free. If you are going the paid route, definitely shop around for some VPN deals as you can get lifetime, or yearly subs at a discounted rate sometimes. Just make sure the one you pay for you can use on multiple devices.
3. The free version of ProtonVPN unfortunately is locked for 1 device per account, but you could create a few accounts to circumvent this simply for Virtual machine use. So if you have 5 virtual machines, just create 5 accounts.